mr. zilla goes to town

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

The seven-month itch

Last week I was doing some shopping after work and was standing in the middle of Connecticut Avenue when a motorcade, errr, motored right by in front of me.

I can't say I'm 100% sure it was his, but I'm not sure who else would travel about Washington in a convoy of 8 police cycles, 3 Metro Police cruisers, half a dozen blacked out Chevy Suburbans a communications van and a couple of armoured limosines.

Right about this time it becomes apparent that I'm standing on one of the air vent grates for the Farragut North metro station which is somewhere underground below me.

In the twilight as the disco sirens roar past, a rush of warm air reaches up and whaps my dangling tie onto my face.

I've been waiting by the phone but the bastard still hasn't called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home