mr. zilla goes to town

Thursday, June 17, 2004

dizzy zillespie

I've had one or two unwelcome moments of excitement in the last week. Well, three actually. Each involved me sitting at a table minding my own and the world's business. In the first instance out in a restaurant on Capitol Hill with friends, and the latter two occasions at home while calmly reading the newspaper before work. Well, as calmly as you can read the newspaper these days.

You see, I've been having episodes of the most curious and peturbing palpitations and dizzy spells, and three times headed off fainting for no apparent reason.

Fortunately I'm not one of the forty million people in the US without medical insurance, so for a minimal sum I've had some lovely chats with some doctors in the George Washington University Hospital ER, been prodded and leeched, was allowed to play with the machine that goes 'ping!', and finally scheduled some more tea and scones with a nace uptown cardiologist.

What's going on? Well the GWU boffins suggested the term vasovagal near syncope, which after a later chat with my GP appears to be how you say "yeah, you've been fainting alright" when you've had a hundred thousand dollars worth of education. Hence the followups to get to the bottom of it, so we'll see over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, watch some shhhhhhort film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home