mr. zilla goes to town

Monday, October 04, 2004

flutter by

Do you get the impression from the number of posts here since last Friday that I've spent the weekend propped somewhere around the house with either a computer, mixer, newspaper or book in my hands? I might have to hobble off to work tomorrow before the fever sets in and I take up my kind housemate's offer to watch her TV.

Still, thanks to some kind chauffeurmanship on Saturday afternoon, I was over at the Iota Cafe in Arlington to see talented young Aussie poprockin grrl Butterfly Boucher.

Before getting the invite to go see her I confess I didn't know her from a bar of soap, but based on the quality of the songwriting and the sweet solo acoustic number she played I have a hunch I might have seen her at the National Folk Festival at some time in years gone by. Maybe Jared or Graham can confirm that.

She seems to have exported herself quite well, having toured the US with both Sarah McLachlan and the Barenaked Ladies this year. So what she was doing singing with a sore throat to less than fifty people on a Saturday afternoon is a mystery, but an effort warmly received and greatly appreciated nonetheless.

After the gig I had quite a laugh as the friends I was with favourably compared her charismatic onstage enthusiasm to the other young Australian woman they've made the acquaintance of during her occasional visits here over the last eighteen months. High praise for the stylish (Stylesish?) Miss Boucher indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home