mr. zilla goes to town

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

the tower of bebel

If you like your music saucy and bossy - and dare I say it, discerning - I feel I have to bring to your immediate attention the wonderfulness of one of my recent loves, brazilian babe Bebel Gilberto. For an introduction from Bebel herself have a listen to her chatting and performing live in the NPR studios in July this year.

Her first album Tanto Tempo in 2000 deservedly sold over a million copies, and the following year's Tanto Tempo Remixes - with production work by Rae & Christian, the Peter Kruder half of Kruder & Dorfmeister, Faze Action and 4Hero to name a few - is an absolute gem. Although the genres of re-production are really in no way parallel it puts me in mind of Sarah McLachlan Remixed, except of a more consistently high quality throughout.

There are also three other remixes lurking here on calabash for, lets see, about 50p each that I think I'll have to get a hold of. Her 2004 album (titled simply Bebel Gilberto) is ferreted away somewhere amongst the four score-and-fifteen gigabytes of tunes on my backup hard disk and I'm going to have to give it a whirl very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home