mr. zilla goes to town

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

nice NASS noises

Fortunately I'm flat strapped this week in order to get out of the office for Thursday and Friday to be at the Glade Festival, so don't have time to rabbit on much about NASS. Except to say, whether it was the good tunes, the great weather, or the sick tricks and airborne skaters on offer, the numbers of people at NASS exceeded even my wildest estimates. I think there were actually upwards of three, maybe even four million people in the chillout tent where I was playing ;-) Branded and sponsored by Oxfam's Generation Why campaign, it looked a bit like this...



...And thanks to the highly portable plug-n-go powers of the bit of silicon I find myself continually and affectionately calling The Gizmo, you can have some nice noises to go with this picture too! Ready to go on textureDJs.com is the final hour and a bit of Saturday's 3 hour set. It's chilled out but not comatose, and apparently was just the thing for the kiddies to lay about on the lounges and share spliffs to. Right on!

If you want a version that you can burn to a CD, right click to save Live at the NASS festival.

If its for your PC and/or iPod instead, you get a bonus track too! (The first cut I sliced off the 3 hour file is 83 minutes - just too long for a CD. I'd go for this one if you can, the extra track is sweet, and just for kicks its at the start not the finish.

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

  • Wow, you got to do this for work? Even if it was your vounteer side, very cool. Great that Oxfam are out there doing this kind of stuff. Sure beats blokes in Koala suits with a money bucket.
    S-W

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 am  

  • Lovely stuff Z.
    Now where is the track list so i can find the Royksopp/rap mash?

    And the scarves thing? Well you are in Oxford, home of the college scarf and all that wot-not!

    By Blogger jared, at 2:39 am  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger mister z, at 7:20 am  

  • Jar - the royksopp, i think its on the old krafty kuts 'these are the breaks'. did I just lose a bet tho, I thought it would actually be the second last track (i go crazy) that would make you leap about like a loon. :P

    S-W - well I thought that taking money for this gig would be not so much taking candy from a baby, more like taking oral rehydration salts and from a lot of babies...

    the gen why team did give me a wicked set of slipmats that includes stencil work from the mysterious culture jammer/graf artist Banksy tho.. :-)

    By Blogger mister z, at 2:26 pm  

  • that mix is smoooth like butter...
    when are you next playing at the honeypot?
    check my blog to stream the best jazztronik tune like, ever.

    By Blogger The Capgras Delusion, at 7:42 pm  

  • Samurai is the absolute shit, innit.

    believe it or not my sources have in the last week brought me one better, featuring stellar Japanese jazz singer Miho. less broken, more gorgeous.

    I'll be giving it some air this saturday night @ honeypot...

    By Blogger mister z, at 9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home